Follow along as I work through a few rough sketches for a new project; I discuss the key style points and techniques you can use to develop your own architectural sketching style. Each sketching vignette includes many tips, but broadly they fall under the following headings:
1) Simply your toolset: fewer tools = fewer decisions
2) Start small: move quickly, be less precise, less precious
3) Line work: architectural sketching is a line art, not a fine art
4) Annotations: helps create a layered esthetic, describes things you're not able to easily show
5) Media + Implements: how changing these from time to time can spur new ideas.
6) Practice: the one thing guaranteed to improve your architectural sketching technique.
**Here's the link to GET INVOLVED in my NEW PROJECT: http://thirtybyforty.com/new-project
// GEAR I USE //
CAD DRAWING TEMPLATE:
* Download here: http://thirtybyforty.com/autocad-template
* Architect + Entrepreneur Startup Toolkit: http://thirtybyforty.com/SPL
ARCHITECTURE ESSENTIAL TOOLS:
MUSIC I USE:
#architecture #architect #architecturetutorial
Please watch: "Making a Site Model - The Outpost Project"