CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
#ABCbyABC Episode 3: January 19, 2018
1/2 bar Browned Butter
50 g White Sugar
75g Dark Brown Sugar
1 pc. Egg
125 g Bread Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
150g Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
75 g Walnuts
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Melt butter for 5 mins until deep brown in color.
3. Whisk to cool. Add the sugars and whisk until caramel in color and sugars are dissolved and no longer warm
4. Add egg. Beat slowly using a whisk so as not to incorporate too much air.
5. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir with spoon until smooth. Don't overmix.
6. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts using hand or silicone spatula.
7. Scoop onto baking sheet. 2” apart to give room for “spreading.”
8. Bake at 350F or 180C for 8-10 or 12 minutes. Edges should be light brown and middle is set. Cookies will continue to cook through even after they are out of the oven.
9. Cool baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 mins to let air circulate at the bottom and stop cooking process but immediately transfer cookies on the wire rack. Don't let them crisp up at the baking sheets.